zo 16 oktober 2022
During the 2022-2023 season, B-CLASSIC and the VELINX will once again be taking the showpiece 'The Elf Hour Mass' in hand. Under the motto 'Never change a winning team', we will continue with the same enthusiasm but in a new setting and with excellent musicians and inspired speakers. The content and structure remain the same, as does the permanent backing band with Maarten Lingier on piano, Tim Finoulst on guitar and bassist Martijn Vanbuel, and last but certainly not least our host par excellence, Rashif El Kaoui.
Saxophonist and former top keeper (yes, yes) Lennert Baerts is the musical spearhead. Until the age of 17, Lennert defended the goal as backup goalkeeper at KRC Genk, but an unfortunate injury caused a special career switch from promising goalkeeper to equally promising saxophonist. Again Lennert plays in first class. According to connoisseurs Lennert Baerts belongs to the most brilliant Belgian saxophonists of his generation. Lennert studied at the Conservatory of Antwerp and plays a.o. with Antwerp Jazz Orchestra, Muze Jazz Orchestra and creates his own musical universe with the jazz quartet Anti-Panopticon.
Wim Distelmans is a cancer specialist and professor of palliative medicine at the VUB. He pioneered the recognition of palliative care in Belgium and fought for the right to euthanasia. For this, he was awarded the Ark Prize for Free Speech in 2003. Among other things, he is chairman of the palliative home care organisation Omega and, with the support of the UZ Brussel, founded Topaz, the first day centre for seriously ill people. He was chairman of the Federation Palliative Care Flanders and is currently chairman of the Federal Euthanasia Commission.
- 25.10De 11-urenmis met Rachida Lamrabet en Tutu Puoane
- 24.01Gender activist Emanuelle Verhagen and cellist Benjamin Glorieux (live + livestreaming)
- 07.03Biologist-sociologist Charlotte Prové and soprano Elise Caluwaerts livestream
- 24.10Ignace Schops and Gaetan La Mela
- 14.11Noël Slangen en Hrachya Avanesyan
- 05.12Hind Eljadid en Bert Cools
- 13.02De elfurenmis met Tom Hannes en Kim Van den Brempt
- 20.03The Elfurenmis (‘Eleven O’clock Mass’) with Christophe Busch and Carlo Nardozza
- 09.10Elfurenmis - Benjamin Glorieux&Emmanuelle Verhaegen
- 16.10Elfurenmis with Lennert Baert & Wim Distelmans
- 13.11Elfurenmis with Wouter Dewit & Chris De Stoop
- 11.12Elfurenmis met Claron McFadden & Naima Charkaoui
- 05.02Elfurenmis with Stien Carlier & Maya Van Cleemput
- 26.03Elfurenmis - Nabou Claerhout en Ramsey Nasr
- 30.04Elfurenmis with Philippe Thuriot & Jean Paul Van Bendegemc
The Elfurenmis (‘Eleven o’clock mass’) is a concept developed by De VELINX and B-Classic in which classical music in the broadest sense of the word meets the ultimate lecture – a sermon. The backing band will be joined by a celebrated ...