zo 9 oktober 2022
Friend of the Velinx €12,00
On 25 October 2020, the VELINX and B-Classic organised the very first Elfhourmass, and also the last performance of 2020.The mass turned out to be a hit, a wonderful experience for audience, artists and organisation. Unfortunately, COVID then struck unrelentingly and we were forced to go over to livestreaming. So also this mass on January 24, 2021, in which cellist Benjamin Glorieux, gender activist Emmanuelle Verhagen, Rashif El Kaoui and our regular backing band Martijn Vanbuel (bass), Maarten Lingier (piano) and Tim Finoulst (guitar) surpassed themselves. We now offer you this magical experience 100% live and without screen or wifi.
Emmanuelle Verhagen is, besides being a diversity consultant, also the chairperson of Intersex Flanders. In February 2020, she addressed the Federal Parliament and in June 2020 she testified before the committee on Public Health. In this lecture-annex-sermon, Emmanuelle talks about their experience with their intersex bodies. About how we judge our children's bodies and 'normalise' them without their say.
Cellist Benjamin Glorieux doesn't mind switching from Bach's suites with the Belgian National Orchestra to a concert with Zwangere Guy Besides being a cellist, Benjamin is also a conductor and composer. His performance on 24 January 2021 during the live stream was so amazing that it would really be a sin to deny you this live experience. You have been warned.
Master of ceremonies Rashif El Kaoui receives, watches, addresses, thanks and blesses on which we shall all depart in peace.
A performance as part of the 'Beroert' festival, a collaboration between the VELINX and B-CLASSIC.
- 25.10De 11-urenmis met Rachida Lamrabet en Tutu Puoane
- 24.01Gender activist Emanuelle Verhagen and cellist Benjamin Glorieux (live + livestreaming)
- 07.03Biologist-sociologist Charlotte Prové and soprano Elise Caluwaerts livestream
- 24.10Ignace Schops and Gaetan La Mela
- 14.11Noël Slangen en Hrachya Avanesyan
- 05.12Hind Eljadid en Bert Cools
- 13.02De elfurenmis met Tom Hannes en Kim Van den Brempt
- 20.03The Elfurenmis (‘Eleven O’clock Mass’) with Christophe Busch and Carlo Nardozza
- 09.10Elfurenmis - Benjamin Glorieux&Emmanuelle Verhaegen
- 16.10Elfurenmis with Lennert Baert & Wim Distelmans
- 13.11Elfurenmis with Wouter Dewit & Chris De Stoop
- 11.12Elfurenmis met Claron McFadden & Naima Charkaoui
- 05.02Elfurenmis with Stien Carlier & Maya Van Cleemput
- 26.03Elfurenmis - Nabou Claerhout en Ramsey Nasr
- 30.04Elfurenmis with Philippe Thuriot & Jean Paul Van Bendegemc
The Elfurenmis (‘Eleven o’clock mass’) is a concept developed by De VELINX and B-Classic in which classical music in the broadest sense of the word meets the ultimate lecture – a sermon. The backing band will be joined by a celebrated ...