Studio Classic is the atelier of B-Classic. It is where we create space for artist development, both literally and figuratively, and offer classical musicians the opportunity to become the creators of tomorrow. This is done in collaboration with VONK.
VONK offers a studio space for artists in the cities of Hasselt and Genk. VONK currently houses twenty promising up-and-coming and professional artists. The organisation provides a layered platform within which artistic talent can develop by addressing all aspects of artistic entrepreneurship. This is done by offering intensive coaching programmes, developing national and international networks and organising various exhibitions.
What story do you want to tell on stage? What role does classical music play in this? Do you see yourself exploring the limits and possibilities of an alternative approach? Do these questions interest you and inspire you to seek answers? If so, keep reading! B-Classic and VONK have joined forces to create a programme with several classical musicians in which innovation, inclusivity and interdisciplinarity play a key role.
You're an ideal candidate if:
- you are motivated to develop your skills as a creator
- you have an out-of-the-box idea that can be translated into a performance
- you want to reflect on context, content and dramaturgical structures
- you are a classical musician (by education or experience)
- you can visit the VONK studios in Hasselt regularly throughout the programme (approx. 20 days)
What do we offer?
- a renumeration of €3,000
- an intensive programme (February-September 2021) during which you will be surrounded by experts and coaches in the artistic field
- a logistics and production budget
- a work-in-progress exhibition (try-out)
- a première of your performance in Hasselt
- a network
- access to rehearsal rooms
Does this open call sound like you? Then we look forward to receiving, before 4th January:
- a fascinating CV
- an inspiring motivation letter
- an explanation of your idea (max. 1 A4) that answers the following questions:
- What is the content of your idea and its link to music?
- What makes your work unique?
- Are there crossovers with other disciplines and, if so, what are they?
- How would you describe your style?
- What is your estimated budget and how would you apply your idea in practice?
You can submit your application here.
Good to know:
Our selection will be based on experience, quality, and ability. Candidates will not be assessed based on age, gender, or ethnicity.