zo 5 februari 2023
Friend of de Velinx €12
During this mass we look into the future through the eyes of futurologist Maya Van Leemput. As senior researcher at the Applied Futures Research - Open Time knowledge centre of the Erasmus University College Brussels, Maya Van Leemput is responsible for research design, coordination and communication, reporting and management. Her work focuses on futures research in the fields of science, technology, culture and development. As the UNESCO Chair, Maya works on capacity building on futures and co-creation. Maya is a member of the World Futures Studies Federation, the interdisciplinary visual arts collective OST and the Association of Professional Futurists. Enough material for a particularly intriguing look at the future.
Baritone saxophonist Stien Carlier graduated from the Maastricht Academy of Music and was immediately allowed to go on tour with the wind section of the immensely popular Dutch band Slagerij van Kampen. She also plays with various bands such as Muze Jazz Orchestra and Bruna. In 2016 her mother Solange passed away, as a form of therapy Stien started composing and writing songs under the name Westhinder. In 2022, the wonderful eponymous debut album by Westhinder was released, on which Stien exchanged her baritone sax for her own voice and electronics. It is this Stien we will also see at work during this celebration of the Mass. Warm, fragile electronica on a Sunday morning.
- 25.10De 11-urenmis met Rachida Lamrabet en Tutu Puoane
- 24.01Gender activist Emanuelle Verhagen and cellist Benjamin Glorieux (live + livestreaming)
- 07.03Biologist-sociologist Charlotte Prové and soprano Elise Caluwaerts livestream
- 24.10Ignace Schops and Gaetan La Mela
- 14.11Noël Slangen en Hrachya Avanesyan
- 05.12Hind Eljadid en Bert Cools
- 13.02De elfurenmis met Tom Hannes en Kim Van den Brempt
- 20.03The Elfurenmis (‘Eleven O’clock Mass’) with Christophe Busch and Carlo Nardozza
- 09.10Elfurenmis - Benjamin Glorieux&Emmanuelle Verhaegen
- 16.10Elfurenmis with Lennert Baert & Wim Distelmans
- 13.11Elfurenmis with Wouter Dewit & Chris De Stoop
- 11.12Elfurenmis met Claron McFadden & Naima Charkaoui
- 05.02Elfurenmis with Stien Carlier & Maya Van Cleemput
- 26.03Elfurenmis - Nabou Claerhout en Ramsey Nasr
- 30.04Elfurenmis with Philippe Thuriot & Jean Paul Van Bendegemc
The Elfurenmis (‘Eleven o’clock mass’) is a concept developed by De VELINX and B-Classic in which classical music in the broadest sense of the word meets the ultimate lecture – a sermon. The backing band will be joined by a celebrated ...