zo 7 maart 2021
It’s the third Elevenoclockmass of the season and the third time's a charm, as they say. In this edition, we team up with human nightingale Elise Caluwaerts and biologist-sociologist and do-gooder Charlotte Prové. As usual, with the musical accompaniment of the all-star B-Classic house band, which consists of bassist Martijn Vanbuel, pianist Maarten Lingier, and guitarist Tim Finoulst. With his smooth, velvety voice, word artist and master of ceremonies Rashif El Kaoui – blessed with one of the most beautiful voices in the Low Countries – will usher us into the wondrous musical and intellectual journey that is the Elevenoclockmass. As Frank Zappa once said: ‘A mind is like a parachute. It only works when its open.’ So open your mind and come trip with us.
Sociologist Charlotte Prové has been researching sustainable urban food systems since 2013, with a focus on the role of social justice and citizen participation in urban agriculture and other food initiatives. Experimenting with sustainability serves as a common theme in her daily life. She reflects on how we can improve our lives by leading a slower life and living with less.
Elise Caluwaerts. Soloist. Soprano. This captivating singer needs no introduction, after having graced the stage at De VELINX many times. Elise's love of challenging repertoires has inspired countless projects and unique collaborations with internationally renowned composers and ensembles – accomplishments that made her a much-coveted name for the Elevenoclockmass.
As an internationally acclaimed singer, Elise usually keeps a busy schedule that takes her to all corners of the world. But on Sunday 7 February 2021 at 11 AM sharp, she will not be in Sydney, Tokyo or New York, but in her native Belgium.
- 25.10De 11-urenmis met Rachida Lamrabet en Tutu Puoane
- 24.01Gender activist Emanuelle Verhagen and cellist Benjamin Glorieux (live + livestreaming)
- 07.03Biologist-sociologist Charlotte Prové and soprano Elise Caluwaerts livestream
- 24.10Ignace Schops and Gaetan La Mela
- 14.11Noël Slangen en Hrachya Avanesyan
- 05.12Hind Eljadid en Bert Cools
- 13.02De elfurenmis met Tom Hannes en Kim Van den Brempt
- 20.03The Elfurenmis (‘Eleven O’clock Mass’) with Christophe Busch and Carlo Nardozza
- 09.10Elfurenmis - Benjamin Glorieux&Emmanuelle Verhaegen
- 16.10Elfurenmis with Lennert Baert & Wim Distelmans
- 13.11Elfurenmis with Wouter Dewit & Chris De Stoop
- 11.12Elfurenmis met Claron McFadden & Naima Charkaoui
- 05.02Elfurenmis with Stien Carlier & Maya Van Cleemput
- 26.03Elfurenmis - Nabou Claerhout en Ramsey Nasr
- 30.04Elfurenmis with Philippe Thuriot & Jean Paul Van Bendegemc
The Elfurenmis (‘Eleven o’clock mass’) is a concept developed by De VELINX and B-Classic in which classical music in the broadest sense of the word meets the ultimate lecture – a sermon. The backing band will be joined by a celebrated ...