zo 11 december 2022
Friend of de Velinx €12
The last elfurenmis of the year 2022 is entirely devoted to multiculturalism, migration and human rights, with the incomparable Claron McFadden and Naima Charkoui as liturgical protagonists.
The American soprano Claron McFadden graduated cum laude from the Eastman School of Music in Rochester, New York and has lived in the Netherlands since 1984. She has worked with conductors such as Sir John Eliot Gardiner, Frans Brüggen and Sir Andrew Davies and is known for her unique interpretation of contemporary music. In 2002, Claron McFadden was nominated for a Grammy Award. In 2007 she was awarded the Amsterdam Prize for the Arts. She is a member of the Royal Dutch Academy of Arts and her TEDx talk in 2010 was chosen to be on the prestigious TED.com website.
Political scientist Naima Charkaoui has been working on human rights, inequality and racism since 2001. She was head of the Minorities Forum for over 10 years, then worked in the children's rights sector and is currently head of the policy department at 11.11.11. She wrote two books: 'Racism: on wounds and resilience' and 'The open borders manifesto'.
Martijn Vanbuel on bass, Maarten Lingier on the piano, Tim Finoulst on guitar and MC Rashif El Kaoui.
- 25.10De 11-urenmis met Rachida Lamrabet en Tutu Puoane
- 24.01Gender activist Emanuelle Verhagen and cellist Benjamin Glorieux (live + livestreaming)
- 07.03Biologist-sociologist Charlotte Prové and soprano Elise Caluwaerts livestream
- 24.10Ignace Schops and Gaetan La Mela
- 14.11Noël Slangen en Hrachya Avanesyan
- 05.12Hind Eljadid en Bert Cools
- 13.02De elfurenmis met Tom Hannes en Kim Van den Brempt
- 20.03The Elfurenmis (‘Eleven O’clock Mass’) with Christophe Busch and Carlo Nardozza
- 09.10Elfurenmis - Benjamin Glorieux&Emmanuelle Verhaegen
- 16.10Elfurenmis with Lennert Baert & Wim Distelmans
- 13.11Elfurenmis with Wouter Dewit & Chris De Stoop
- 11.12Elfurenmis met Claron McFadden & Naima Charkaoui
- 05.02Elfurenmis with Stien Carlier & Maya Van Cleemput
- 26.03Elfurenmis - Nabou Claerhout en Ramsey Nasr
- 30.04Elfurenmis with Philippe Thuriot & Jean Paul Van Bendegemc
The Elfurenmis (‘Eleven o’clock mass’) is a concept developed by De VELINX and B-Classic in which classical music in the broadest sense of the word meets the ultimate lecture – a sermon. The backing band will be joined by a celebrated ...