do 23 maart 2023
Event on Facebook
Standard price €10
- 26 years €5
Students (only on presentation of valid student card at the entrance) €0
Ben Bertrand is a Brussels-based bass clarinetist and composer. Using his instrument and other tools, Bertrand creates live performances with a hypnotic web of sounds. Listening to his music is like sitting by the sea, watching our lives pass by in slow motion. With previous work - 'Era/Area', 'Off-Record 2017' and 'NGC 1999', out on Les Albums Claus - Ben has performed in Belgium, France and the Netherlands, at Meakusma Festival, Ancienne Belgique, Le Lieu Unique, Schiev Festival, Le Guess Who? and the World Minimal Music Festival, among others.
He released his album 'Manes' in March 2020, in collaboration with Stroom and Les Albums Claus. His third album 'Dokkaebi' was released in 2021, again on Les Albums Claus.
Nabou Claerhout took the brave and unusual leap of learning to play the trombone at the age of nine. Nobody could have guessed then that years later she would end up in the middle of the contemporary jazz scene. Today, Nabou is one of the most promising and innovative jazz trombonists in the Benelux.
Under the guidance of Fred Wesley and Mark Guiliana, young Nabou moved from the Kunsthumaniora Brussel to Codarts Rotterdam, with Bart Van Lier and Ilja Reingoud, among others, as her teachers. After a stopover at the Royal Academy of Music in London (2017), Nabou graduated from Codarts in 2018. Since then, she has taught at the Kortrijk Conservatory and the Wilrijk music academies, and since September 2021 she has been working as a researcher at the Arts & Research Institute in Antwerp.
- 22.09Mold sessie - Joachim Badenhorst, James De Graef, Maribeth Diggle
- 22.10Mold session - Hantrax, Maya Dhondt
- 22.02Mold session - Osaka Riot, Oriana Ikomo, Dries Laheye
- 23.03Mold session - Ben Bertrand + Nabou Claerhout
- 11.05Mold session - Indre Jurgelevičiūtė + Bert Cools + Anthony Romaniuk
- 06.07Mold session - Milan W. + Azertyklavierwerke + Mattias De Craene
- 24.08Mold session - Zonderwerk + Lennert Baerts