Welcome to a beautiful and touching concert in the main hall of Harstad Kulturhus.
In a world full of turbulence and (white) noise, these artists try to reclaim and rethink the art of listening and creating space for contemplation, silence through new, beautiful compositions. These elements are reflected in a 60-minute song cycle dressed in the artists' characteristic soundscapes.
Belgian countertenor and director Benjamin Abel Meirhaeghe and the Festival's Associate Artist 2021-2023, Icelandic Valgeir Sigurðsson, present the work "The Art of Listening", a unique combination of electronic and contemporary classical music. They are joined by, among others, violinist Elisabeth Klinck.
Composer and producer Valgeir Sigurðsson is known for his immersive sound world, often blurring the boundaries between contemporary classical music and electronic production.
He has worked extensively as a producer, sound engineer and arranger for artists from around the world, including Björk, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Feist, Tim Hecker, Anohni, CocoRosie, Jóhann Jóhannsson, Víkingur Ólafsson and many others. The New York Times named Dissonance Live one of the best shows at the Sónar festival in Barcelona in 2017.
Valgeir Sigurdsson+Benjamin Abel Meirhaeghe ft. Elisabeth Klinck
- 16.03Double bill: Valgeir Sigurdsson&Benjamin Abel Meirhaeghe + Lander&Adriaan
- 17.03Valgeir Sigurdsson+Benjamin Abel Meirhaeghe+Elisabeth Klinck
- 19.03Valgeir Sigurdsson+Benjamin Abel Meirhaeghe feat. Elisabeth Klinck
- 26.05CLUB O. WITH MEIRHAEGHE X SIGURDSSON FEAT. KLINCK
- 25.06Festspillene i Nord-Norge - SIGURDSSON + MEIRHAEGHE FT. KLINCK
- 28.08Schemerconcert: Valgeir Sigurðsson & Benjamin Abel Meirhaeghe ft. Elisabeth Klinck
- 29.08Feeërieën: VALGEIR SIGURDSSON + BENJAMIN ABEL MEIRHAEGHE FT. ELISABETH KLINCK
One of a kind combination between electronic and contemporary classical music The Belgian theatre director Benjamin Abel Meirhaeghe will be looking for a unique match between electronic and contemporary classical music together with Icelandic producer/composer ...